Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New member, new to me pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New member, new to me pool

Hey guys,

Glad I found this forum. I just purchased a house with a pool. I've never had one before and I'm very excited to move in. Among some other minor house renovations, I have a few things to do on the pool. The deck has a cracked section that I plan to cut out and repour. I'm looking for advice or tips on any special considerations being that it is for a pool. Do I have to do anything special between the edge of the pool and concrete? I am in Ontario, Canada. I'm mostly concerned with water getting into the seam between the pool and deck. and freezing. Here are some pics below.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW MO

Re: New member, new to me pool

Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

3. Back To Top    #3
    Upstate South Carolina

Welcome to TFP
    You could get a cover that is a couple of feet larger than your pool to
    help keep water out of that area

I'm not a concrete guy but I do know you can't just pour concrete on concrete and expect it to stick
    You need to etch the concrete first
    14600gal, In-Ground Fiberglass, Haywood s244t Sand Filter, Jandy Apure35 SWG,
    Haywood 2 speed 1hp pump, Haywood Pool Shark, TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School
    Never been Pool Stored Thanks to TFP

4. Back To Top    #4

Should I use some sort of caulk to seal the gap around the concrete to pool area or is that normal? It's probably 1/16" in most of the other areas except this cracked section.