I think I know the answer to this but before I drop another chlorine bomb, I wanted a second opinion
Had a mild dose of algae on the side of the pool on Wednesday. Brought FC upwards of 14 (it was 14 at 11 p.m. on 6/12), brushed often, left pump running overnight.
7 a.m. on 6/13 my FC was 13 so I thought I was done.
Didn't test again until this morning at 10 a.m. and FC is 7.0 ?! (CYA is about 50)/ I realize that the recommended shock level for CYA50 is 20ppm but since the water didn't *look* too bad I was hoping to get the algae out with a slightly lower ppm so we wouldn't have to wait as long to get back in the pool. Am I being ounce-wise and gallon-foolish with the chlorine here and should I just bite the bullet and bring the FC up to 20 for a day (or keep it at 7 for the weekend and then shock it if we want to use the pool this weekend)?
pool looks like this -
View from deep end
Close up of deep end
Close up of shallow end