Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Who should obtain permits?

1. Back To Top    #1

Who should obtain permits?

Here is a quote from the contract:

"Our price does not include obtaining any permits, however this contract appoints us to be the authorized agent of the owner to obtain any permits as required, on the owners behalf. The permit fees, municipal fees and/or conservation fees (if any) are payable by the owner. Any municipal deposits required for curbs, sidewalks, and/or grading are made by the owner."

Sounds like PB is just trying to indicate that I'm responsible for permit costs, correct? Just want to make sure they're not trying to absolve themselves of the liability in case something is missed. Is there something else I should inquire about with regards to permits?
    11,340 gallons IG rectangular Vinyl pool, SWG
    Hayward Cartridge Filter.
    Hayward Tristar Pump.
    Pool built in June 2015

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Who should obtain permits?

They get them and you pay for them! That's how it reads to me.

You should get a list of the required permits from the AHJ so you know what you have to have beforehand.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

New Hampshire

I got my permits( building and electrical ) and I paid for them. Contract stated permits were not part of the price.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

4. Back To Top    #4

Lake Nona, Florida

Usually you hold final payment until final inspection is passed which keeps the PB on the hook.
    If they work in numerous jurisdictions it's not unreasonable for them to just pass along the fees to you since they seem to be getting less predictable and costing more each year. One thing to ask would be about a re-inspection fee... we got hit with reinspect fees when a contractor failed an inspection. His drawing didn't match what he built and he needed to make a note on his drawing and resubmit it. We ended up paying that fee even though it seemed to be his fault.
    7500 gal gunite/stonescapes, iAqualink RS-8, Jandy 2HP VS-Flopro, Jandy 200 sqft Cartridge filter
    Pentair Intellichlor IC-40, Zodiac MX-8, Fafco solar panels
    DreamMaker X-500 Spa

5. Back To Top    #5

Klein Tejas

Where do you live?

Believe it or not, not all areas of this Country have permitting or inspections.
    Pool is DONE!
    Pentair Intelliflo VS3050
    Pentair Easy Touch 8 + actuators + swg
    Pentair IntelliPH
    Pentair 400btu HD heater
    3- Jandy WaterColor LED's
    Hayward C5030 525sqft cartridge filter
    Waterway spa blower