Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: #11 Expandable Rubber Plug

1. Back To Top    #1

#11 Expandable Rubber Plug

I've been looking for a #11 expandable rubber plug so I can clean my Aquarite Salt Cell. I live in the Fort Worth, TX area and I have checked Leslie's and Bonnie and Clyde's. Not only did they not have any, they didn't even know what I was talking about.

Does anyone know another source?
    24K gal, QuartzScapes plaster, Hayward EcoStar 2 hp variable speed pump, Hayward 525sqft SWIMCLEAR cartridge filter, Hayward Aqua Rite SWG, Polaris 280 pool cleaner with Hayward booster pump, Hayward 1.5 hp Tristar pump for water features, Aqualogic PS-4 controller with wireless desktop remote.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: #11 Expandable Rubber Plug

You can try a hardware store or a plumbing supply and see if they have one.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

If you strike out at the hardware/plumbing supply, try an auto parts store. Tell them you need an expandable freeze plug.
    15x30 IGP; 20,000 gallons; plaster
    Hayward SP2607X10 Pump; Purex Triton Tagelus Sand Filter
    Hayward Goldline T-Cell 15 SWG; Aquarite G1 Control
    Southwest Spas 400 gallon hot tub w/ozone
    TF 100 with speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4

When your at the hardware store ask for a rubber test plug in the plumbing department.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

I found a test plug at Home Depot. It's not the same as the ones I've seen pictures of on pool supply web sites. It's plastic with a rubber ring that expands instead of a whole rubber plug. It doesn't seal completely, but it seals well enough to clean the cell. Thanks for your help.
    24K gal, QuartzScapes plaster, Hayward EcoStar 2 hp variable speed pump, Hayward 525sqft SWIMCLEAR cartridge filter, Hayward Aqua Rite SWG, Polaris 280 pool cleaner with Hayward booster pump, Hayward 1.5 hp Tristar pump for water features, Aqualogic PS-4 controller with wireless desktop remote.