Not 100% sure what to do first

Jun 10, 2013
Hi everyone,

First, this is a great resource. Thanks to all that put the time into it.

We just had a new inground (vinyl) pool installed and it's been running for about 10 days. I was using test strips but found they were too variable. Then I found this site, read some Pool School and learned getting a proper kit was the way to go so I just received the K-2006 (in Canada, couldn't find TF-100). I did my first test last night.

FC = 4ppm
pH = 8
TA = 130 ppm
CYA = 0
CH = 128
Borate = 0
Salt = 2900 ppm
Approx volume = 12,000 gallons
Water Temp = 84

I know I should add more salt which I will today. The TA and pH are high. I assumed though that I should get the CYA up first which should lower the pH and the TA some, retest CYA in a week and see if I still need to work on the pH and TA. Does that sound like the right thing to do?

Thanks for any info/advice!

Jason

I would bring the pH down to the mid seven's and then add the CYA. You can add the salt whenever you feel like it. Everything else doesn't look too bad at all. Don't worry about the TA, it'll come down as you adjust the pH.

1. Lower the pH down to around 7.4 with muriatic........TA will come down with it.

2. Put CYA in your pool....enough to get to 60 ppm.

I think that's the sequence I would use. You may not need to readjust anyhting and I don't like to see the pH above 7.8 for any length of time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.