Just received my k-2006c test kit

Hi, I'm a new pool owner (it came with my newly bought first house) Here are my first results with the k-2006C test kit I just received from Piscines Appolo:

FC 2.2
CC 0.2
pH 7.7
TA 100
CH 170
CYA 0

It is a bit more work than I thought using this kit, but at least it's precise.

My pool is now perfectly clear. I started using copper sulfate (http://www.crystallineh2o.com/EN/faq.php) before coming on this site, so I think will use it until I empty the bottle. I put really small amount each week. After that I will try the BBB method (without borate though so I should say BB method).

I just adjusted up my TA with arm and hammer, so that's why my ph is up a bit. I will add some Ph- powder left from previous owner.

Maybe I should buy some conditioner to add some CYA. I am using trichlor tablets in a floater since 2 weeks but it seems to take forever to dissolve. Maybe that's why my CYA is zero.

I was using calcium hypoclorite (also leftover from previous owner) but I just emptied it last night i will use 10% bleach from now on.

Do I need to do anything to lower my CC at 2.2?

Another question, can I use bleach for shocking too? I just found a dead animal (small mole) and I tried to shock last night, nut I'm not sure I had enough hypoclorite left.

You reported your CC as 0.2 ... that is fine. You also can use the 10ml sample as 0.5ppm precision is plenty.

I would add about 20-30ppm of stabilizer and your can continue to use the pucks for some, but you are right, they can be slow when you need it.

Just keep track of how many pucks you use and the amount of CYA they add by using the poolcalculator.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.