I got my TFT-100 and already love the precision of the FAS test.
I used the calculator and put in my bleach to shock and hit my target right on when checked in 2 hours. Plan to check water in AM before sun gets to pool.
I was reviewing the overnight test and shock procedures and have a 2 questions:
1. Does it matter what the FC level is for the OCLT? Can I measure it at shock level or should I let the sun burn it down to 5 or so to do the test? I doubt I will be able to keep the shock level through the day tomorrow (forecast over 100 degrees sunny) and I'll be at work.
2. My CC is reading 0.5 (just 1 drop re-cleared) - did I read the shock procedure correctly that if I drop no more than 1 ppm FC and my CC is STILL 0.5 then I'm "done with shocking"? I thought I wanted 0 CC - in fact that's why I went ahead and shocked without doing an OCLT first. My water is very clear but I have recently had a few little green algae spots on the steps; so I assumed it needed shocking.
In other words, is it ok to have a pool with CC (0.5 or less) if the overnight drop in FC is less than 1 ppm? And is the OCLT just as valid at a starting value of 16 as it would be at a level of 5?
Thanks in advance.