Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need some help finding a reciever

1. Back To Top    #1

Need some help finding a reciever

I recently bought the sony strdn1030 at costco but now that I am looking at it closer not sure if it does what I need it to. I need a receiver that can support 5.1 for my great room and also 2 speakers in my backyard (100ft wire run for each speaker if it matters). I would like to be able to watch/listen to something like a movie in the great room but still be able to play music outside (pandora,sirius etc). can someone tell me if this reciever can do this? or did I buy it too quickly If not what features should I look for in a receiver that can do this
    13k IG pebble pool w/waterfall, 1hp whisperflow pump, pentair ccp320 cartridge filter
    Circupool SI45+ swg
    TF100 +speed stir Taylor 1766 salt test

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need some help finding a reciever

The feature you are looking for is a "second zone". According to the specs, the receiver you purchased appears to support that. In fact, you should be able to wire it for 5.1 in your home theater and 2.1 at the pool, with each independent.

3. Back To Top    #3
    North Georgia

Re: Need some help finding a reciever

Before you wire it up proper, I'd wire up zone two and see if it's loud enough for you. My zone two isn't Lou's enough....
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing