Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 3" Pucks Dissolving Slowly

1. Back To Top    #1

3" Pucks Dissolving Slowly

14,500 gallon pool with ILC that uses 3" pucks. I'm adding about 1lb. of shock every 3-4 days. My CYA is at 35, Ph at 7.6, and TA at 110. My pool is in direct sunlight about 80% of the day and we've had quite a bit of rain for the past 2 weeks. The past week I have only went through one puck running the pump 24 hours. I pretty sure I should be burning through a puck every 2-3 days. Before that, I was burning through 2 pucks per week. Any suggestions?

2. Back To Top    #2

North East Ohio

Re: 3" Pucks Dissolving Slowly

I would re-read the POOL SCHOOL - running long term with pucks will sky rocket your CYA.

As for dissolving so slowly...I can't really comment.
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: 3" Pucks Dissolving Slowly

LOL, Yeah, lose the pucks and learn to use the BBB method touted here!
    You'll save a ton of money and most likely have a much nicer water quality.
    Do you have a good pool test? Have you read the Pool School articles here to learn all about pool water maintenance?
    I find it very satisfying to be in charge of my own pool quality, as apparently I'm pickier and want better water than what most pool stores promote.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter