Pool Calculator for Android?

Re: Pool Calculator being Maintained?

JasonLion said:
Simple Pool for Android gets the most good recommendations on the forum.

jason i keep searching and can't find it in the app store. i have tried a million different searches.

edit. nevermind i have that app and absolutely love it. but it doesn't tell you the amount to use if you are in the shocking process.

"Pool Pal" is a free droid app that has TFP recommendations in the description, and some references in the settings. I just got it today. Looks cool and tracks changes per pool, and you can add multiple pools.

I'd like to add: there is another quite useful app I use in my testing. There is a flashlight app that uses the screen instead of the camera flash; it just turns the entire screen bright white. I use the screen as a lightbox for the K-1000 pH test. I find this way to be more consistent than holding the comparator up to the sky. It was also a necessity for testing during the winter as the sun was always down by the time I got out to test the pool. The app is called "Flashlight" by Devesh Parekh.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I use the Android app. SimplePool Pro. It does indeed give suggestions for adding chlorine during the shocking process. You have to setup your pool first. And perhaps it only available in the Pro version. I set it up to use TFP guidelines.

Loving PoolPal app. Makes it easy to adjust chem right by the pool. Just don't drop your phone in the pool!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was skimming over these posts and read too quickly. I read that as "just drop your phone in the pool!" And was like. "Whaaaaa???"

I got a whole mental picture and everything. lol I need to slow down my reading!

I have tried using PoolPal a few times, but stopped because it did not seem to have the ability to manually set the date and time of the log entry.

I find that I don't always have my phone with me when testing. I sometimes write down the results on a piece of paper and would like to be able to input them into the app afterwards.

I never tried but I am not sure if it has an export capability.

These two features would make it an awesome app for me.

I currently use Google sheets and a downloaded copy of PoolMath on my phone and tablet. Not an ideal solution but it does work. I can update Google sheets from the phone, tablet and computer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.