Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool Calculator for Android?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Calculator for Android?

it says there is an ipod app. does anyone know if there is one for android?
    27,000 gal. vinyl inground.
    Dyna glas 1.5H pump
    Triton II TR-100 sand filter
    Hayward C-500CF chemical feeder

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Calculator being Maintained?

Simple Pool for Android gets the most good recommendations on the forum.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Calculator being Maintained?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Simple Pool for Android gets the most good recommendations on the forum.
    jason i keep searching and can't find it in the app store. i have tried a million different searches.

edit. nevermind i have that app and absolutely love it. but it doesn't tell you the amount to use if you are in the shocking process.
    27,000 gal. vinyl inground.
    Dyna glas 1.5H pump
    Triton II TR-100 sand filter
    Hayward C-500CF chemical feeder

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Pool Calculator for Android?

"Pool Pal" is a free droid app that has TFP recommendations in the description, and some references in the settings. I just got it today. Looks cool and tracks changes per pool, and you can add multiple pools.
    18' round Intex Ultra-Frame pool, 48" deep. Default "A" size filter with 1500 gph pump, w/2nd 780 gph pump. Softened well water used for fill.

5. Back To Top    #5

Been using Pool Pal for almost a year now. I'm thinking I paid $2 for it when I got it, but it is free now. I highly recommend it.
    33k Gallon IG Freeform Gunite built in 1989 - Renovated Spring 2012 with Diamondbrite Plaster and elevated spa converted to waterfall
    Jandy Aqualink PDA Automation & Control System - Jandy PlusHP 1.5hp Full rated Pump - Hayward 36in Sand Filter - Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

They are both developed by a couple members here.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Pool Pal has always been free.
    18K Gals, Intelliflo VSD, Pentair Catridge, SWG, Solar & Gas Heat, Pebble Tec, Jandy AquaLinks, Pool Pal for Android.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by PiratesLoveBacon
    Pool Pal has always been free.
    My apologies. I stand corrected. I very much appreciate your app and your timeliness in patching improvements to it.
    33k Gallon IG Freeform Gunite built in 1989 - Renovated Spring 2012 with Diamondbrite Plaster and elevated spa converted to waterfall
    Jandy Aqualink PDA Automation & Control System - Jandy PlusHP 1.5hp Full rated Pump - Hayward 36in Sand Filter - Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

I'd like to add: there is another quite useful app I use in my testing. There is a flashlight app that uses the screen instead of the camera flash; it just turns the entire screen bright white. I use the screen as a lightbox for the K-1000 pH test. I find this way to be more consistent than holding the comparator up to the sky. It was also a necessity for testing during the winter as the sun was always down by the time I got out to test the pool. The app is called "Flashlight" by Devesh Parekh.
    TF100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Cool, I'll have to give that a try!
    18K Gals, Intelliflo VSD, Pentair Catridge, SWG, Solar & Gas Heat, Pebble Tec, Jandy AquaLinks, Pool Pal for Android.

11. Back To Top    #11

I use the Android app. SimplePool Pro. It does indeed give suggestions for adding chlorine during the shocking process. You have to setup your pool first. And perhaps it only available in the Pro version. I set it up to use TFP guidelines.
    18ft Round Intex Metal Frame, 7000gal, 3/4HP pump, 100lb sand filter, TF-100 Test Kit, through the wall skimmer, Baqua convert...now BBB all the way. :)

Ugly Drum Smoker (UDS), Weber One Touch gold. (I love smoky meat) :) Saving my $$ for a Big Green Egg.

Things I use daily:

12. Back To Top    #12

Pool Pal hands down.

16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by PiratesLoveBacon
    Cool, I'll have to give that a try!
    If you like it, maybe consider bringing that functionality into PoolPal. You could add a tab between "Log" and "Config" and maybe call it "Lightbox."

Its a great app no matter what; I'm just thinking out loud here.
    TF100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks guys, I'm going to give Pool Pal a try. I have been using poolcalculator.com in a browser and it works fine, but doesn't support multiple pools.....

-Chak
    290 Gallon fiberglass reinforced acrylic spa
    Cartridge filter
    Above Ground
    2 x 5HP pumps - unknown flow rate.
    Ozonator
    --------------------------------------------
    6800 Gallon 17' x 48" Vinyl above ground pool (Summer Escapes)
    Intex 2650 Sand Filter

15. Back To Top    #15

Loving PoolPal app. Makes it easy to adjust chem right by the pool. Just don't drop your phone in the pool!

Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

16. Back To Top    #16

I've been using Simple Pool since late last year. I will try Pool Pal too. I like that flashlight tip as well. Thanks everyone!
    Lakeport, CA
    42K IG plaster, built early 70's?
    Jandy SFTM25 sand filter (NEW for 2015!)
    3/4 HP Hayward Super Pump

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by JVTrain View Post
    Loving PoolPal app. Makes it easy to adjust chem right by the pool. Just don't drop your phone in the pool!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I was skimming over these posts and read too quickly. I read that as "just drop your phone in the pool!" And was like. "Whaaaaa???"

I got a whole mental picture and everything. lol I need to slow down my reading!
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

18. Back To Top    #18

Now that's what I would call a killer app. Just drop your phone in the pool and get your numbers! Ha...
    Dave

4600 gal. AGP, 12" sand filter, Intex SF10110 single speed pump. Installed April 2014

19. Back To Top    #19

I've been using my own spreadsheet to log results on an S3 until now - just installed PoolPal. First impressions - great!
    Built 1980, 19' x 30' almost rectangular, screened 15,000 gal, plaster, Hayward DE 3620 filter (currently using cellulose), Emerson 1081 1HP pump, AquaCal Heatwave SuperQuiet SQ110R heater, Zodiac T5 Cleaner, Taylor K-2006 test kit

20. Back To Top    #20

I have tried using PoolPal a few times, but stopped because it did not seem to have the ability to manually set the date and time of the log entry.

I find that I don't always have my phone with me when testing. I sometimes write down the results on a piece of paper and would like to be able to input them into the app afterwards.

I never tried but I am not sure if it has an export capability.

These two features would make it an awesome app for me.

I currently use Google sheets and a downloaded copy of PoolMath on my phone and tablet. Not an ideal solution but it does work. I can update Google sheets from the phone, tablet and computer.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    15K Gallons, IG, Vinyl, 1HP Single Speed Pump, Sand, SWG, NG Heater + Solar Panels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast