Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pump

1. Back To Top    #1

pump

i have a intex 14-48 with the pump that came with it and was wondering how long yall let them run. i have a swg i got at the same time and really havent used it yet as im still trying to clear it up better first.....im using bleach right now for my chlorine
    intex ultra frame 14x48 round ag, intex swg, tf100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pump

How many gallons per hour will that pump do? Whatever it is, divide that into the # of gallons in the pool and that will tell you how many hours it has to run to turn the water over at least once. After you get the SWG operating you need to check your chlorine levels to see if the SWG can keep up. I have the Intex SWG and have discovered through experimenting I need to run the pump at least 9 hours for the SWG to keep enough chlorine in the pool.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

3. Back To Top    #3

not real sure i think its the 1000 gph that came with it i think pool is right at 4800 gal its a 14x48 intex ultra frame ..........can u turm your pump off and leave ya swg on when you dont need your pump
    intex ultra frame 14x48 round ag, intex swg, tf100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by chris400
    ..........can u turm your pump off and leave ya swg on when you dont need your pump
    No! Don't ever attempt to operate the SWCG without the pump running. It won't work. In fact, you'll quickly start having alarms go off for low or no flow through the generator. You can, however, program the pump to run while the generator is not operating. Odds are you'll need to anyway for filtering purposes, which can take longer than a chlorine-generating cycle,
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!