Cal Flame Grill

Jun 10, 2013
I have the opportunity to buy a Cal Flame grill that is a two burner. It's smaller than i would like for my outdoor kitchen i'm building. The person i'm buying from never used it, it's brand new. They bought it and never built the kitchen and now are moving. It's discontued and they will sell to me for $450. Is that i good deal? i can't find anything on them since its discontinued, i see a lot of 3 burner units but what you do you all think of this one. Good deal?

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Based on the pricing of other Cal Flame grills I have seen (although most of them have 3 or more burners), I'd say that's a good deal, discounting for the fact that the one you are considering has two burners.

Riles, mind if i ask where you got your Napoleon from? I don't want to go down to a 2 burner, i have a 4 burner now but she is on her last leg. Any leads on a 3 or 4 burner are more than welcome!

I agree, a two-burner is a bit small, but $450 is a very good price for the quality of Cal Flame. I have the 5 burner (about 5 years now). It's heavy guage SS construction with huge cast-brass burners. With natural gas it quickly hits 675F, using LP should exceed that. Home Depot carries a searing burner option for these grills; cheap and works great for steaks. I would weigh your options against the ODK you're planning; how much room do you have? If you have plenty of space (under patio, slab etc..), I would opt for a larger drop-in (plan to spend about $1000 for similar quality). If space is tight, go with the smaller one and save some $. Don't forget to plan for a sink. I'd recommend a full size with disposer ~ One of the best last minute changes I made.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I have plenty of room so i am still on the hunt for a 4 burner and no less than three. I passed on the 2 burner cal flame. I have the frame built every part of it except for where the grill and side burner will go. So i play the waiting game. I'll keep looking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.