Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stain help

1. Back To Top    #1

Stain help

I have a plaster pool and SWG.
    There is a tan stain on the plaster which is worst around the main drain in the deep end. I dropped some ascorbic acid tablets on the stain and it turned black. I brought the water to Leslies and it tested negative for iron and copper. I don't want to purchase any stain removers until I know what I am dealing with. Any ideas?

FC 4
    TC 4
    Salt 3100
    CH 200
    CYA 60
    TA 120
    pH 7.8
    35K gallon plaster IGP, free form, spa with spill-over; Sta-Rite 2HP pump; KDI American 48sq.ft., 144GPM DE filter; Pentair MiniMax heater; pressure side The PoolCleaner; Circupool RJ45

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stain help

Not sure what it is, maybe tannin stains? Did you have a lot of leaves lay in the bottom of the pool for a long time? Try dropping a trichlor tablet on the stain and see if it makes a difference.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Stain help

Quote Originally Posted by zea3
    Not sure what it is, maybe tannin stains? Did you have a lot of leaves lay in the bottom of the pool for a long time? Try dropping a trichlor tablet on the stain and see if it makes a difference.
    I have dropped some granular chlorine on the stain but nothing happened.
    35K gallon plaster IGP, free form, spa with spill-over; Sta-Rite 2HP pump; KDI American 48sq.ft., 144GPM DE filter; Pentair MiniMax heater; pressure side The PoolCleaner; Circupool RJ45