Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I'm Going to Disneyland!!

1. Back To Top    #1

I'm Going to Disneyland!!

Going to DL next week, gone for a week, and I am going to attempt this with a trichlor floater. I will be having a teenager watch the dog but I don't trust her with the pool. Chemicals and measuring accurately are not her strong suit.

Last night's results
    FC 6
    CC 0
    pH 7.2
    TA 160
    CH 100
    CYA <20

My preparations:
    Water is currently clean and clear
    passed an OCLT Monday night
    filter is going to get a re-charge
    I ordered a PoolSkim (should be here by Monday)
    Pump is on a timer, split between early AM and afternoon swim time
    4 lb trichlor disposable floater has been introduced, 10K gallon holes have been cut per pkg instructions
    FC was 6 when the floater was added this AM

Poolcalculator shows this will add +33 FC, +20 CYA and pH -1.76 and Salt +27 to my 10K gallons

Does this sound like I will be successful?
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I'm Going to Disneyland!!

I would also raise the FC to shock level on your way out the door.

You could just have asked her to pour a bottle into the pool every few days ... no measuring or accuracy required.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Bring lots of cash. Expensive is not a strong enough word for Disneyland. The food there makes the airport look like a bargain.

Oh, and the pool - raise the water level a couple inches to allow for a hot spell.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I know about the $$$ requirements of DL...

I will add the extra water, thanks for the reminder.

I am hoping that I can confirm the floater is providing enough CL for each day... and I needed the CYA anyway. This just provides me both answers.... hopefully.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100