Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: summer escapes skimmer remove 1500gph pump adapter?

1. Back To Top    #1

summer escapes skimmer remove 1500gph pump adapter?

I see all kinds of adapters for summer escapes skimmers to allow you to clamp a hose to instead of having the stock pump hanging so you can use a sand filter but all these adapters are for the skimmers that came with a 1200gph or less pump.

Like this:http://www.amazon.com/GAME-4552-Skim.../dp/B004TY7S26

Comments on there people say it won't fit the skimmer that came with a 1500gph pump.

I've still got my stock pump hanging off there functioning as an adapter itself. I'll take the rotor out of it and take off the induction coil and replace that with a piece of plexiglass if I can't find a proper adapter.
    ------------------------------------
    18' Summer escapes with original skimmer + intex pump + intex sand filter w/ Zeolite, Intex SWG. 1x ecosaver 50sqft solar panel with dedicated pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: summer escapes skimmer remove 1500gph pump adapter?

That's all I did for now. Later on when I want to replace the skimmer I'll just buy a new non polypool skimmer and replace it.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: summer escapes skimmer remove 1500gph pump adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison04
    That's all I did for now. Later on when I want to replace the skimmer I'll just buy a new non polypool skimmer and replace it.

Wonder if there's a non-polypool skimmer that would fit the opening without a need to cut the liner?
    ------------------------------------
    18' Summer escapes with original skimmer + intex pump + intex sand filter w/ Zeolite, Intex SWG. 1x ecosaver 50sqft solar panel with dedicated pump.