I am new to having a pool, and this site has been extremely helpful in helping me figure out what to do for my pool, however my pool is still green after a month!!!
We just bought a house with a 24 foot round intex pool. It has a Krystal Clear 633 intex pump. I know, not the best, but for my 11 year old, I thought it would be great!! When we took the cover off, it was almost black.. went to the pool shop bought tons of shock and chlorine and everything else they said we would need. After weeks of every few days triple shocking and adding phos-free, bleach, green to clean, more shock, clarifier, algaecide.. I clean the filter every few hours which is almost yellowish orange when I pull it out... its a cartridge filter size B. The pump and filter have been running for almost 3 weeks straight... even at night and during the rain. The pool shop told me today that with Intex pools, you have to drain them and refill... I have already put $500 into doing what they have told me to do, and the thought of draining all that away and putting another $800 into refilling it make sme think that I am going to have to get rid of the pool... Some people have told me a bigger and better pump and filter would work... Please help!!!!
2 days ago, they had me raise my PH levels high then add this Green to Clean chemical that is supposed to make the shock work better. I then added to bags of shock, waited 12 hours, added 2 more bags of shock, waited 12 hours, then added 2 more bags of shock... as of today, my pool still minty green and these are the chem levels. When I went in today, they told me they were at a loss and had no idea what to do... they called the manager who said only option is to drain it. Oh, and today was also the first time that metal showed up in it... they have tested my water for me several times, including 2 days ago...
Free Chlorine - 5ppm
Total Available Chlorine - 5ppm
Calcium Hardness - 220 ppm
Cyanuric Acid - 50ppm
Total Alkalinity 100ppm
pH - 7.4
Copper - .2
Phosphates - 100
Please help... I would like at least other expert opinions before I throw away almost $500 down the drain... Thanks so much!!!