Thanks from NY!

bamboojungles

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Hello All!

I cannot believe it took me so long before I stumbled upon this forum today and I have been reading it all morning. As you guys say I've been "Pooled Stored" for the past 5 years and yes, I have purchased what I thought to be "Shock" before :oops:. I have literally spent thousands of dollars (I'm serious) on chemicals every seasons only to end up with a consistently green pool. Also, in the few hours, I've read this forum, I have more knowledge about my pool then what the employees have taught me at the local pool store for the past FIVE years! After reading Pool School posts, I realized that the store was making out maintaining a pool is much more difficult then it should be!

I've decided that this is the season is where I'll take matters into my own hand. My current situation is a light green, slightly cloudy pool. My CYA level is pretty low (30 ppm) - which i guess is fine for now, considering I need to add enough chlorine to hit Shock - FC. I used the BleachCalc 262(which doesn't take into consideration my CYA level?), I'm going to go purchase 6 gallons of Clorox (still can't believe I could have used this instead of the Pool stores liquid chlorine all along) and hope for the best! Thanks for all the help guys!