Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thanks from NY!

1. Back To Top    #1

Thanks from NY!

Hello All!

I cannot believe it took me so long before I stumbled upon this forum today and I have been reading it all morning. As you guys say I've been "Pooled Stored" for the past 5 years and yes, I have purchased what I thought to be "Shock" before . I have literally spent thousands of dollars (I'm serious) on chemicals every seasons only to end up with a consistently green pool. Also, in the few hours, I've read this forum, I have more knowledge about my pool then what the employees have taught me at the local pool store for the past FIVE years! After reading Pool School posts, I realized that the store was making out maintaining a pool is much more difficult then it should be!

I've decided that this is the season is where I'll take matters into my own hand. My current situation is a light green, slightly cloudy pool. My CYA level is pretty low (30 ppm) - which i guess is fine for now, considering I need to add enough chlorine to hit Shock - FC. I used the BleachCalc 262(which doesn't take into consideration my CYA level?), I'm going to go purchase 6 gallons of Clorox (still can't believe I could have used this instead of the Pool stores liquid chlorine all along) and hope for the best! Thanks for all the help guys!
    35,000 gals. vinyl pool, SwimPure SWG, Hayward 1HP Pump, no heater
    Long Island, New York

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Thanks from NY!

Hi, welcome to TFP! If you have not found it yet, the pool calculator will help you determine what chemicals you need based on your test results. It does take the CYA into consideration, as well as other chemical levels. Play with it a little bit and see if you like it!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!