Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: UV System versu Ozone System

1. Back To Top    #1

UV System versu Ozone System

I am just at the beginning phase of having my 30 by 20 inground pools built. I am debating between a UZ or ozone system to assist with the sanitation. I am trying to figugre out which is he better system to go with as there is no cost difference in which system the pool company installs. Any assistance or information is greatly appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: UV System versu Ozone System

Welcome to TFP!

The benefits of either are very small in a typical residential pool. Trading them for an upgrade somewhere else would probably be a better option.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

Re: UV System versu Ozone System

If you have a typical outdoor pool, sunlight will provide far more UV sanitation than most typical residential UV sanitizing systems, Ozone opens another whole can of worms, unless you have a special circumstance like an indoor pool you should probably skip both, as they will increase your chlorine consumption and provide almost no benefit in return. Just another way for pool builders to tack on something you don't need.

Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~