Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pH=2.7

1. Back To Top    #1

So what would you do if your acid pump would accidentally pump 6.8 gallons of 33% acid into your 12,000 gallon pool, and bring the pH down to 2.7(!)?
    i have started adding soda ash, about 200 gr' per day, is there any problem to add more than that?
    theoretically, this should have brought my FC level up, but it's close to 0...(but that mite just be because my CYA is also very low...)-does anyone think it mite be connected?
    12,000 Gallons, SWG, autmatic pH system, High usage, sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Wayne, PA

Re: pH=2.7

I'd stay out of that pool for a while!!!
    26,000 gallon gunite IGP with 50 sq ft Spa, Jandy VS FloPro 2hp Pump, Jandy DEV48 Filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG, Jandy AquaLink PDA-PS6 Controller, RayPak R406A Heater, Polaris 380 Cleaner, completed April 2013

3. Back To Top    #3

Lol, there must be an error in your test kit, you could not have a pH that low.
    25,000 Gallons Inground, Gunite
    DE, Hayward Filter
    Loud pump
    Hayward navigator cleaner, leaf hose suction

4. Back To Top    #4
    Silver Spring, MD

If your PH is really that low, you want to raise it back up to at least 7.0 right away. PH below 7.0 can damage the pool. The lower the PH and the longer it is low the more damage there will be.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School