What can go wrong with 300W 120V 12V pool light power suppl

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Hello gurus and others.
My 300 watt power supply is having issues. When I turn it on it always doesn't come on. If I bang on the front of it it comes on. Fuse is tight in the holder. connector wires are tight. anything else you can think of.
Turn it on, whack it, lights till I shut it off. That pretty much sums it up.
Advice please.

Re: What can go wrong with 300W 120V 12V pool light power s

Are you hitting the bulb or the power supply? Either way it is obviously a connection problem. If it is the power supply and you checked all the connections in the power supply, it could be broken wire in the transformer winding which would be very difficult to fix unless it is on one of the terminals. Also check the solder joints. Sometimes those will loosen.

Re: What can go wrong with 300W 120V 12V pool light power s

Yeap it's the wall mounted power supply (not the bulb). I'm thinking it might be the windings, cause the wire connections are good 12V/120V sides (wire coming in, and going out). Looks like I might have to pull it and bench trouble shoot it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.