In-Ground Robot Pool Cleaner in an Above Ground Pool??

Mar 4, 2013
Hi,

I have a large (18’x40’) above ground pool and would like to get a robotic cleaner for it. The cleaners I have been looking at are all for in-ground pools, as they seem to be the only ones large enough for my pool. Is there a reason that you cannot use an in ground robotic pool cleaner in an above ground pool? I was also looking at the Polaris 360 as I have a larger 1.5hp pump with my pool, but this is also for in-ground pools. Any suggestions of what I should use?

Thanks,
Ryan

Should be fine, some/most above ground pool cleaners can't climb the slopes found around in ground pool deep ends, but there should be no problem I can think of with using an in ground cleaner on an above ground pool.

Check with the manufacturer of the cleaner you choose. Some of the in-ground cleaners are too much for an Above Ground liner, and we have seen them tear them up. The other reason to check with the manufacturer is to make sure your warranty will still be valid, some of them can be sticklers on this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.