Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

1. Back To Top    #1

I have been having to lower the water level 2 or three times in the past week or so due to storms. and the kids using the slide that is hooked to the water hose no hard task but I was thinking if I drilled a small hole in the rear of the skimmer where I would like the water level to stay would this work . would it hurt anything. when the water gets above the hole it slowly comes out of hole until at the right level again do you guys see anything wrong with this
    15x30x54 AG,2HP2SP PUMP 400LB SAND FILTER

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Sure, that would work. You will get some leakage even below your target water level, as waves will occasionally raise the water level up to the hole for a moment. But that shouldn't be too much of an issue, especially with the slide adding water regularly.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Although you may not want the water to just accumulate right next to the pool ... maybe see if you can attach a hose to divert the water away?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

good idea thx guys
    15x30x54 AG,2HP2SP PUMP 400LB SAND FILTER

5. Back To Top    #5
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

How handy are you?

If it was me...I'd drill a hole in the skimmer at the overflow level and install a bulkhead fitting, then a hose nipple, and then run a hose off to wherever. Go to a mom-n-pop hardware store and tell them what you are doing and what you want and I bet they fix you up. Remind them it's not a pressure system.

Google it and you'll see all kinds of pictures of a bulkhead fitting.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!