Digital Pool Pilot (DIG 220) 0 Volts, 6.5 Amps

Jun 12, 2013
Testing Pool Pilot shows 0 Volts and 6.5 Amps. If powered down and restarted, volts start to climb but then go back to 0. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem?

Welcome to TFP!

Before running Test Pool Pilot you need to make sure that the unit has the cell turned on. When the cell is off (for any reason) the volts reading will always be zero. The best way to insure the cell is on is to press boost, and wait about 30 seconds for the boost more to fully engage. Of course if there is some error message showing in the display, that can over-ride things and turn the cell off.

Also, is there something going wrong that makes you suspect that the SWG (PoolPilot) is not working? The more context you can give, the more we can help you.

How do I know if the cell is on? When I'm in boost, it's calling for 100% from the cell. The only time the voltage comes up is when I shut the power off and then turn it on again. Amps are at 6.5, voltage begins to ramp up and then goes to zero and stays there.

It isn't always obvious when the cell is actually on.

I want to confirm, you don't get any error messages? There are a wide variety of things that could do what you describe, but nearly all of them would display an error message.

One other thing to check, what mode is your relay setup for? I believe that is on the Installer menu.

There are no error messages. The pool is green and the filter has been running 24/7 for the past 4 weeks. The only way to clear up the pool is to shock it. When I push "Pump", the only thing that comes up is "Stop Pump". I scrolled through the entire Installer Menu, but I didn't see anything that pertained to the relay setup. Can you explain what that is or what I should be looking for? Thanks so much for your time and quick response.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.