Titan Heat Pump won't come out of defrost mode - any advice?

Jun 11, 2013
I have a Titan Titanium III heat pump that has gone into defrost mode.
The manual says the condition will clear itself when the pipes are clear of condensation, but that isn't happening.
My local supplier has no idea why. I called the manufacturer and tey haven't returned my calls.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Re: Titan Heat Pump won't come out of defrost mode - any adv

It is kind of a long shot, but if you haven't already, try turning the circuit breaker off and then back on again and see if that makes any difference.

If that isn't it, the sensor that detects frost is probably broken.

I'm assuming of course that it has had plenty of time to warm up and melt any actual frost.

Yeah, I tried shutting the breaker off for a while and ran the pump for a few hours on a nice warm day.
No luck.
I guess I need to find a dealer or someone that can supply the sensor.

btw, great site you guys have here. Lots of interesting discussions and good advice.

Hi ghcanuck!

I am not qualified to give repair/troubleshooting advice on HeatPumps. But I would raise the question...have you had the freon level checked?

If the freon levels are low, you may notice excessive condensation on the evaporator coils, and they may possibly be getting iced up a bit. I know that I've gone through this with our old home A/C unit...evaporator coils were a frozen block of ice when I finally realized what the problem was.

Good luck!
Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.