ProLogic Installation

jblizzle

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
So, I finally wrote the check and ordered the P4 (showed up in less than 2 days :) ).

Eventually I am adding a pool shed which is where I was planning to mount the ProLogic, but that is not built yet. I am hoping to get the SWG portion running this coming weekend, but I am not sure exactly the best way to mount the panel temporarily ... although may end up being fairly permanent if the shed is too far away from the equipment.

So, are there any codes involved as far as how to mount the subpanel on a free-standing post (which is to be added)?
I think I recall seeing that I will need to use a sheet of plywood behind the panel that is at least as large as the panel.
Is there any requirement to the type of post(s)? Metal vs. wood? one or two?

It is certainly not light, so want to make sure what I put up is legit and to code.

Thanks.

here in my neck of the woods, I had to put two posts in the ground (think it was 24" deep) set in concrete. Had a sheet of plywood screwed on over the two posts and the Pro Logic is mounted onto the plywood

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.