Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Using concrete footing for legs on a low area for Intex pool

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Using concrete footing for legs on a low area for Intex pool

    I am installing a 26 foot Intex Ultra and have prepared the ground. 80 percent was level and I built up the rest of the 20 percent. I know I should dig down but the ground is hard and I am using hand tools so that is why I did that. I tamped the whole area using a vibratory compactor. I plan on using pavers under the legs where the ground was hard but I want to pour concrete footing for the area I built up. Has anyone tried this and does anyone think it would hold up. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    35k gal, sand, IG, vinyl, 1HP pump, 62 gpm, 10/2003

  2. Back To Top    #2
    JasonLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    37,879

    Re: Using concrete footing for legs on a low area for Intex

    Concrete footings aren't really the best thing, unless you put a concrete deck across the whole area. A proper footing won't move, which ought to be good, but the ground might move. If the pool support is moving relative to the the ground you can damage the pool, including tearing the liner. It is actually better for the pool to go out of level, which you will then have time to fix, rather than the pool frame stay in place while the ground lowers out from under it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Re: Using concrete footing for legs on a low area for Intex

    Thanks for that info.
    35k gal, sand, IG, vinyl, 1HP pump, 62 gpm, 10/2003

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Re: Using concrete footing for legs on a low area for Intex

    Do you think it would still be a problem being that small of an area and raising 2 inches? The rest of it is rock solid and level. Also it was lower more toward the edges than in the middle.
    35k gal, sand, IG, vinyl, 1HP pump, 62 gpm, 10/2003

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •