CYA very high

edglsi76 said:
Isaac-1 said:
it depends on the type of algae, some turn white, some brown or gray, some even kind of stay green even when dead. The problem is now you are half blind doing the shock process as you have no test tell if you are maintaining shock level. You may add enough bleach to get to shock level then be back below shock level a couple of hours latter giving the algae a chance to regrow, this is why the suggest FAS-DPD test is so important to have.
I ordered the TF-100 it will be here in a few days
my green water is gone 2 gallons of bleach did it , chlorine still testing very high with my cheap test kit. water is still a little cloudy but it gets more clear as time goes on.

edglsi76 said:
edglsi76 said:
Isaac-1 said:
it depends on the type of algae, some turn white, some brown or gray, some even kind of stay green even when dead. The problem is now you are half blind doing the shock process as you have no test tell if you are maintaining shock level. You may add enough bleach to get to shock level then be back below shock level a couple of hours latter giving the algae a chance to regrow, this is why the suggest FAS-DPD test is so important to have.
I ordered the TF-100 it will be here in a few days
my green water is gone 2 gallons of bleach did it , chlorine still testing very high with my cheap test kit. water is still a little cloudy but it gets more clear as time goes on.
Once you have the test kit you can fully follow the shock process and the cloudy will go away also.

Sent via Tapatalk...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.