New Pool - Tampa Florida

Jan 31, 2013
Tampa, FL
First I want to say that this site is awesome. I’ve been on this site for a couple of month’s now researching information about pool builds, equipment, maintenance etc. and it’s made me a very informed consumer. I normally do not post on forums but because of how helpful this site has been to me I feel that it is now my obligation to contribute.

Here are the specs from the contract

Freeform pool 15’ x 30’ (3’ to 6’ deep)
5’ x 7’ sun shelf with bubbler
2 deck jets
2 drains, 3 returns, 1 skimmer, 1 vacuum line, 2” deco drain with cap
940 sq ft brick pavers
Hayward Max-Flo Variable Speed Pump
Hayward DE filter
Hayward Aquarite salt system
Pentair valves
Hayward Colorlogic LED
Pebbletec – Caribbean Blue
Two story screened enclosure (bronze) with 2 doors

We finally got the permit last week the builder just started the site prep and is scheduled to start the dig next week. I welcome any comments / opinions. I will update with my experience as the build progresses and I will post pics once the real fun begins.

Ok, we're gonna hold you to that comment about posting pics!! That hole was dug days ago!! :wink:

I'd check the rough depths and dimensions to make sure nothing is out of whack before they shoot the shell. You should understand all of the plumbing they've done before the shell goes in also so it's in alignment with your specs. Just double-check any aspect of everydays work to see if something doesn't smell right. Found numerous things that way which, though it may feel like you are being nosy, is in everyone's best interest.

bmoreswim said:
Ok, we're gonna hold you to that comment about posting pics!! That hole was dug days ago!! :wink:

I'd check the rough depths and dimensions to make sure nothing is out of whack before they shoot the shell. You should understand all of the plumbing they've done before the shell goes in also so it's in alignment with your specs. Just double-check any aspect of everydays work to see if something doesn't smell right. Found numerous things that way which, though it may feel like you are being nosy, is in everyone's best interest.
Order your test kit now, so you can stay on top of things during the fill.

Inspector passed the steel, tomorrow plumbing and shotcrete. as promised here are the pics. I will take better pics tonight when I get home.

7d3d7a7e-3c6f-49e0-9e98-c5c39424ea34_zps32284bb3.jpg

IMG_1065_zps5f3bfaa8.jpg

the pic below shows the colors that we selected.
The pavers are Harvest Moon, the Coping is Terracotta, pebtec is caribbean blue. We currently do not have any step markers but my wife may change her mind. The issue is that we do not want to have the steps look too busy. I thought about a 2" square but it's hard matching the tiles. I also thought about using the same waterline tiles but there are so many variation in color that I'm afraid that it will not look right.

96cf14d1-c190-4372-bb6c-01df7088302b_zpse83556a8.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Plumbing was done yesterday. I have to give it to the guys working on my site, at every stage of the build it has rained hard and his guys (subs) worked through heavy thunderstorms and are keeping things moving. Here are some more pics.

IMG_1184_zps285f6f3c.jpg

IMG_1181_zps4a791c28.jpg

I'm supposed to have two deck jets in the back and looking at the pictures and I don't see any plubming for the deck jets. Is the plumbing for the deck jets tapped into the return or is there a dedicated line for the deck jets? the coping is almost done and pavers are next so I called the PB and sent him the pic.

It's been some time since I last posted. We were hoping to be done by this week but it doesn't look that way. hopefully next week or so. Paver's and waterline tiles are done. Pebble tec scheduled for this week. here are some pics.

Pavers before screen.
IMG_1244_zps405440fa.jpg

Waterline tiles.
IMG_1242_zps82253b5f.jpg

Looks great! I can picture a video some day from your backyard of kids taking a second story flying leap. Oh, I just saw you have two boys...good luck with that one. Work on common sense now and a locked liquor cabinet later.

New to TFP, but live in E. Hillsborough and getting paver estimates from local paver company's. May I ask who did your paver job. Looks real nice. We currently have terra cotta coping and are thinking about yellow, red, charcoal. Is that your color sceme for the pavers? We also have a demo of existing concrete pool deck prior to paving and are dealing with a few uneven yard/drainage issues. How did your paver installer/pb address any drainage concerns.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.