New to testing with my TF-100. Not so sure.

Jun 5, 2013
Michigan
So, I have been using the Aqua strips until my TF-100 came in. They (aqua strips) have been coming back fine as far as the results go. I Just finished testing with my new TF-100 kit and I there is a big difference.

My results...

TA-120
PH 7.2
F.C. 5 ppm
CYA 20
Cl BR 2-4

Hmmm.... I know that CYA is high along with that T.A. There is no way I can empty out half of this pool! Maybe I should wait to test in a few days? I did add stabilizer yesterday.

<help>
Barb

CYA at 20 is not high. And while TA at 120 is a little high, it is not something you need to be all that worried about. Nothing you posted in any way suggests that you will need to replace water.

All you really need to do right now is raise CYA to around 40 or 50. You said that you have already started doing that, so you are good for now.

They (aqua strips) have been coming back fine as far as the results go. I Just finished testing with my new TF-100 kit and I there is a big difference.
What is the difference? Do you have those test strip results?

We say it often, but Trust your own testing with the TF-100....barring a math error, the TF-100 is as accurate as it gets. The strips can be quite the opposite.

Hi all....

It appears I need to go back to pool school and refresh myself! :) I thought that CYA was too high (not sure where I read that number is too high). I added stabilizer yesterday (about a cup in the nylon). I just checked it, there is about half left. I should wait a couple days before retesting that correct?

The strips said everything was good (right in the middle of all the fields).

fast1971chevelle said:
Did you use the pool calculator to get the proper dosage ( cya )? Because a cup in a 14600 gallon pool to raise cya from 20 to 40 just don't seen like enough.....Mike

You are correct Mike. Not only was it not enough for a 14,600 pool, the calculation of water in my pool was incorrect. The installer said it was about 14600. I found a calculator and it is really 18600 (24 Round, 54 high, 6 foot deep end). And that puppy is full.

I also finally figured out the pool calculator (go me :party: )

I can't thank you all enough with the help. Not only have you given answers, but how you get to the answers has made me take a second look at what I need to know about this pool. :-D

Barb

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.