I have what I think is calcium deposits on floor and walls of pool. it hurts the grandkids feet like sandpaper to the point where they have to wear swim shoes. I was advised to drain the pool, give it an acid bath and refill. Is this normal for a 2yr old plaster pool. Is there another method to dissolve the calcium? Won't the calcium just come back? I use regular chlorox for chlorine and shock.
26000 gallons plaster pool, 2yrs old. filled w/well water.
ph 7.2 (2 gallons of acid p/week to maintain ph balance)
ta 200 (aerating to try and lower)
I appreciate any help and advice I could get on removing calcium.