Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need New Filter - Recommendations?

1. Back To Top    #1

San Diego, CA

Need New Filter - Recommendations?

It appears I need a new filter. I noticed I was constantly having to bleed air from the filter, and despite checking all my pipes for leaks there were none. Then I noticed the paver my filter sits on was sinking. Sure enough, when I cleared the leaves and gravel away from the base of the filter there was a nice puddle. Checked everything and it appears there must be a crack on the bottom of the filter creating a slow and constant leak. Great.

Anyone want to recommend a new filter to me? It would be great if I could find one that is shorter then the clean and clear 150. Currently, I have everything but the filter under the deck. The dang filter was too tall to fit.
    NEW POOL : 9 x 18, 48" deep - Bestway brand, 1 HP Intex 3200 Pump/Sand Filter Combo, Wanda the Whale, Hayward through wall skimmer (still in box)
    OLD POOL 5,100 Gallons, 9 x 19 used Splash a Round, Intex SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward Power Flow LX pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 150 sq. ft. filter, hard plumbed, Wanda the Whale,

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Need New Filter - Recommendations?

How high is the deck? Have you looked at what each manufacture offers and are any of them at the correct height?
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner