Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Silicone Caulk Replacement for Deck O Seal

1. Back To Top    #1

Silicone Caulk Replacement for Deck O Seal

Can any forum members recommend a good silicone caulk to use around the pool? I am need to reseal the line between the tiles in my pool and the top coping. In the past I have used Deck O Seal but it was such a pain to use and was rather expensive. Will any a good white water proof caulk work?

Thanks in advance.
    29,000 gallon irregularly shaped in ground pool. Plaster. DE Filter. 1 hp pump. Pool approximately 10 years old. Polaris 380 robotic cleaner. Middletown, Delaware.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Silicone Caulk Replacement for Deck O Seal

Deck o Seal is a polyurethane caulk and it is the best for that application. It is pricey and hard to use.

Silicone caulk is cheaper and easier but will not be as durable....your call.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Deck o Seal is a polyurethane caulk and it is the best for that application. It is pricey and hard to use.

Silicone caulk is cheaper and easier but will not be as durable....your call.
    Deck o Seal is a Polysulfide rubber, not polyurethane.
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Oops! Should've checked first.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Oops! Should've checked first.
    We'll let it slide this time, Dave. :P
    17x34' 13400gal freeform gunite IG pool, DB Tahoe Blue, cartridge filter, Rainbow 320, ClearO3 ozonator, 1.5HP 2sp Whisperflow, Intellibrite 5G Color LED, pavers, screened enclosure, Liquidator, 6x Fafco SunSavers, SolarTouch

6. Back To Top    #6

We use a silicone caulk by Dow and have been able to get it on line in the past. It performs well and when I get home from work, I can check and see the name of it, but I think it's this one: http://www.dowcorning.com/applications/ ... px?r=200en
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)