Chemical/Test help!?

Jun 4, 2013
Minnesota
Hi All! This is only my second post and I am waiting for my suggested test kit to arrive... As of right now, I have added about 8 gallons of bleach, 2lbs of Cynuric. The pool is very cloudy and you can see the picture for the chemical test strip results. (I think I need to add PH minus? Any suggestions are very appreciated!!

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Is your water green & cloudy, milky white and cloudy, or ???

I think I need to add PH minus?
It looks to me like the pH is close to 6.8. Would not add pH minus.

Looks like your FC is between 5-10 ppm. Also looks like CYA is indeed low. Although you added CYA recently, it will take about a week for those results to appear in your test results. Be careful not to overdose on CYA - it is much easier to add more if needed but more difficult to remove if it gets too high.

Since it appears you have ordered one of the recommended test kits, I would wait until that arrives and then run a full series of tests and post those results and we will go from there. For now (until your new kit arrives), maintain FC at around 5 ppm or so. It sounds like you will need to go though the Shock Process, but you will need the new kit in order to do that properly. In the meantime, I would remove any debris that may be in your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.