Recommended TA levels in PS vs. recommended levels in TF100

May 31, 2013
New Jersey
I just noticed this and I'm curious as to why there is a difference. I noticed my TF-100 test kit has recommended TA levels for non-salt 100-120, but the recommended levels for TA in Pool School for non-salt (bleach) is 70-90+. Why the difference? Wondering where the best TA range would actually be for my vinyl pool, 70-90+ or 100-120? Mut be missing something here. Must mean ranges from 70 to 120 are acceptable?

pool-school/recommended_levels

Re: Recommended TA levels in PS vs. recommended levels in TF

The best TA level for your pool is whatever level that stabilizes the pH best. For me it's 70 ppm, for you it may be different. The best thing to do is adjust the pH whenever it needs it and let the TA settle where it wants to.

Just FYI; If you use tablets your TA should be about 100-120, If you use bleach then about 60-100 and if you have a swg then about 60-80. These are general guidelines and if you're outside that range and your pool is happy, don't worry about it.

Re: Recommended TA levels in PS vs. recommended levels in TF

Bama Rambler said:
The best TA level for your pool is whatever level that stabilizes the pH best. For me it's 70 ppm, for you it may be different. The best thing to do is adjust the pH whenever it needs it and let the TA settle where it wants to.

Just FYI; If you use tablets your TA should be about 100-120, If you use bleach then about 60-100 and if you have a swg then about 60-80. These are general guidelines and if you're outside that range and your pool is happy, don't worry about it.

That clears it up! We use liquid chlorine so we'd be about 60-100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.