granules in a floater - vacation

Jun 14, 2010
I got a couple week-long trips this summer. Long story short, got new water in newly plastered pool so my CYA is zero. I got a bucket of chlorine granules that I've not used in a while (since I went BBB) but seeing that I need to add some stabilizer and some chlorine, can I say put the granules in a sock and stick that in the floater while I'm out? Or would the sock be prohibitive for the chlorine to distribute itself?

Thanks!

Thanks for your thoughts and sharing your experience. I'm taking it from the both of you that it may dissolve too quickly. Little surprised no one has purportedly tried it though so I might just try it just to see. Nonetheless, I'll grab a bucket of pucks. CYA is going in today beforehand with that sock I mentioned :p Hard to find a reason to use those granules anymore.

Just to conclude this thread, I did try this out...filled a sock with about half a cup of granules and tightly wound it. I stuck it in the floater and let it go. I checked about 30 mins later and it was mostly dissolved.

Although that obviously doesn't allow for a long term dispersion of chlorine like a tab does, if I need to use granules (to raise cya) I guess Icould do it that way instead of pre-dissolving. Nonetheless, I got tabs so i'm good to go. :)

Thanks for your posts!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.