Ladder Solutions for Pro Series/Intex Pools?

Jun 1, 2013
Hello!
We just installed our Pro Series 18"x52" about a month ago. I thought that this ladder would make one season and we could start on the deck build next spring. Well obviously it's not, we're both adults and all our friends are adults (some a bit larger than others) and this ladder is actually keeping people from wanting to get into the pool. I can't say I blame them. We have been looking at different ladders; however, nearly every ladder I've come across clearly stats it is not intended for soft-sided pools or requires at least a 3" ledge. According to the reviews, many people are stating they successfully use these ladders by either by using a bungee cord or by drilling holes in the top rails :shock: .

I was curious what other owners may have done and what worked out for you. Thanks

BTW I love this site and seeing everyone's beautiful pools.

I recently bought this ladder only I got it on craigslist for $50 from a guy who just finished putting a deck around his pool. It has been working fine for us, but so far the largest person that has used it is about 150lbs so I can't say how well it will hold up to larger adults. I do have it weighted down on the outside with a sand bag so that the wind doesn't blow it around and I'm thinking about weighting it down inside the pool as well for a little more stability, but I don't think attaching it to the pool is really necessary, although with larger adults it may be a good idea.

We are in a similar situation. We really need one with steps. I have been considering these here http://www.wayfair.com/Main-Access-Smart-Step-System-in-Taupe-200100T-QVM1005.html but I'm not sure how well these would work with our pool. We have a summer escapes 16x42 easy set and I have noticed that the blow ring is small in diameter than the intex.

I also thought about these but I wondering how well my mother would on these as she would have to turn around on the top stephttp://www.wayfair.com/Confer-Plastics-Roll-Guard-A-Frame-Safety-Ladder-7200-QVN1011.html

Definitely need to upgrade the ladder that came with our 14x18 Intex Ultra Frame pool. It is so unstable I don't want the kids to even use it besides quickly getting in and out of the pool! Haven't shopped around yet, I hope it isn't going to break the bank getting a better one.

I have the Integrity ladder its had been great. It's been used as full A-frame, an A frame onto a deck and I converted it to an in-the-pool ladder to a high desk.

Strength ??...very strong ladder, never a doubt is it strong enough for ANYONE.

wozzukes said:
I recently bought this ladder only I got it on craigslist for $50 from a guy who just finished putting a deck around his pool. It has been working fine for us, but so far the largest person that has used it is about 150lbs so I can't say how well it will hold up to larger adults. I do have it weighted down on the outside with a sand bag so that the wind doesn't blow it around and I'm thinking about weighting it down inside the pool as well for a little more stability, but I don't think attaching it to the pool is really necessary, although with larger adults it may be a good idea.

Is the 16" tread width measure from the inside of the vertical supports or the outside? My 16'x48" intex ultra frame came with a ladder that has 13" inside and 17" total tread width.

nate81 said:
Is the 16" tread width measure from the inside of the vertical supports or the outside? My 16'x48" intex ultra frame came with a ladder that has 13" inside and 17" total tread width.

I believe that is the inside width. It is definitely wider than the Intex ladder. I can measure it when I get home from work today to be sure though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
crokett said:
We have a ladder like Wozzukas linked to. Adults had no problems using it last year. This year I am building a deck so will have a ladder attached to the pool deck.

After pricing ladders I think we should just build a deck too. For our little 14 x 48 pool :mrgreen: !

nate81 said:
crokett said:
We have a ladder like Wozzukas linked to. Adults had no problems using it last year. This year I am building a deck so will have a ladder attached to the pool deck.

How much you wanna sell your old one for? :)

Sorry, gonna re-purpose it for a slide. My wife found a playground slide at a yard sale and brought it home thinking I could rig it for the pool. I -think- I've worked out how to attach the slide to the ladder.

I just put up the same ladder as wozzukes. Much better than Intex ladder for sure. I have a 16x48 ultra set Intex and I am hesitant of attaching the ladder to the top frame. Has anyone done this? It came with the hardware, but I just don't want to damage my pool with the extra forces the ladder may put on the frame when someone is using it. By the way this forum/site is incredible!! I have learned so much! Thanks.

Will be purchasing the Confer Plastics roll down guard ladder. Pricy but worth the peace of mind. I'm not planning on getting it until this coming winter as the season is almost over. I started a Pinterest page that has the pic of the ladder on it. It's called Landscaping & modification of intex pools. Am putting Resin pavers down with river pebble. Not too many landscaped Intex photos out there. Would love to see more. With 2 & 4 yr. old Grandchildren the ladder is a safety issue here. Would also love to see other ladder solution pic's! Am on a limited budget so a deck is out of the question this season.

I looked at the roll guard ladder, but there is no doubt in my mind that my 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old monkeys would find a way to climb it and jump in. They can climb pretty much anything that gives them enough traction, so that's something to keep in mind. For our situation, the fold up ladder seemed the more safe option as far as keeping the little ones out, and was more readily available on craigslist.

I set up my ProSeries 22' x 52" pool, and have been building a deck around half of it.

Planning to have both a stainless steel ladder (purchased via amazon) and steps (leaning toward a grand entrance style).

Ladder arrives this week, will update once I get it installed.

Any thoughts on grand entrance steps?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.