Intex pool installing skimmer questions

Jun 4, 2013
I looked at a few posts but the ones I found had deleted pics. I am wanting to install a surface skimmer was thinking of getting this http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP1091LX- ... TAK2IGO4JJ

I see that a lot of people have installed these but I bought a wanda the whale cleaner and want to be sure that the skimmer I buy will allow me to simply plug in the whale in and not need to remove anything.

As of now I have to unplug the house from the skimmer that came with the pool and tie it to the frame so it wont fall out of the pool but wanda is awesome!

Also I have a 2,650 gph sand filter running her and I dont know if that matters for what surface skimmer I buy.

Anyway I open to ideas, explanations and what not on this as I am somewhat worried about cutting the liner but after reading everyones post it seems like its ok as long as your careful. Thanks ahead of time for the help!

The link you posted shows the vac adapter plate, and user photos of it installed on an intex pool with a cleaner hose attached. Should work great.

Think I might purchase one of these as well to accompany my new 2650gph sand filter. looks like it will work quite well.

Your current setup do u get much debris via the current skimmer in your pre-filter pump basket?

we get alot of wind blown leaves and such but the intex skimmer doesnt catch enough and it gets trapped at the wall connection.

the upgraded valves that came with the new filter dont utilize a strainer at the wall connection so whatever gets past the intex skimmer is going to wind up going threw the pump and into the filter.

I guess the same thing happens on a manual vac setup without a debris bag tho.

Skimmer install looks to be much easier then upgrading of wall inlet/outlet from 1.25 to 1.5"

Wish I had the bigger pool now :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.