Mustard Algae or dirt/pollen

kyle11

May 17, 2012
Noticed today when brushing the pool these few spots. There are about 4-5 thought the deep end all in the spot where the wall goes from a 90 degree wall to a 45 in the deep end hopper. From reading pool school it sounds like mustard because it is on the wall and it says pollen/dirt will not be on the wall but I really don't know. It is faint but if you look in the middle of the picture you can see a faint yellow color. Don't know if y'all can tell from this or not.

Here are my test results and they have not changed the past 2 weeks much at all.

FC- 4.5
CC-0
Ph- 7.6
TA- 60
Ch- 100
Cya- 60

5ezu3e4a.jpg

3edereby.jpg

Whether it could be dirt/pollen in that spot. We did have hard rain Friday/Sunday/Monday and the pool had plenty of dirt on the floor but this was yellow looking and in the crease of the hopper in spots. Also in the bottom corner of the shallows.
It is my understanding dirt/pollen will not be in these spots, only on the bottom of the pool. When brushed these spots disappear.

Dirt typically doesn't accumulate on vertical pool surfaces. I'm still not sure what your question is but it sounds like you may be asking whether or not to shock your pool. The answer is, "yes, shock it"

Even if it turns out to have been just dirt (not likely) you are out very little money and not much effort.

If it is mustard algae, then shocking is the only choice.

Either way, shock the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.