Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Yet-Another-Texan

1. Back To Top    #1
    Danbury, Texas

Hello from Yet-Another-Texan

I’ve been lurking for quite awhile and decided an introduction and a big “Thank You” was long past due.

Although I’ve lived in Texas for over 30 years, I was born and raised in Minnesota and have always loved the water. Swimming, fishing, canoeing, skiing…. Yep, I’m a Pieces in more ways than one. I’ve always wanted a pool, but DH said “Too much money, too much work” but then, he doesn’t have the affinity for water the way I do.

Last spring, said DH came home from Wally-World with one of those easy set pools, said “The grandkids will love it, I couldn’t resist”. Needless to say I was ecstatic. After reading all the instructions, I got my son to help me set it up. I filled the pool and added some HTH Pool Shock…. yep, after only ½ an hour, my nice clean water turned a rusty orange brown. Seems my well water is loaded with metals. I called our local pool store “I can hear the gasps already”, they said I needed Metal Control.

By this time I decided that research was called for. Thank god for . I found the old pool forum and read until my eyes blurred. Found a link to TFP, and read some more, and more, and more…etc. 1 week later I had a nice crystal clear pool which provided hours of fun for not just the grandkids. This year, I put the pool up a little early as I would have the same problem with the fill water as last year, but knowing that with all the knowledge I gained at TFP, that I could handle it.

DH says I spend wayyyy too much time cleaning the pool, but for me its actually fun, plus I get alone time for awhile before the kids descend on me. I just wanted to thank all of you for taking the time to share your knowledge and making this Texan’s pool experience a real pleasure.

5600 Gal.
    18'x48" Easy Set
    1500 GPH Pump/Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina
    Hey Skye and welcome to the forum!

Very nice intro! Beautiful little girl!

We're glad to have you
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!