Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from FL

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from FL

Split by moderator. Please start your own thread. Thanks, jblizzle

Hi all! Just joined this site today! Have had the pool since 2003 and have had no problems keeping it up until I shut the filter off at the end of last summer. What a bear to bring it back! Have had a pool headache since April when I started tackling it! I think I almost have it! Just one question. I read in pool school where a vinyl pool doesn't need calcium. The pool company that tested my water today indicated on the print out that I need to add 25.7 gallons of calcium. Really?
    IG 21,120 gal vinyl, Hayward sand filer w/ 1hp Marathon pump (new), Step jets, Kreepy Krawly Legend pool cleaner (new) w/ 1/2 hp booster pump, built in 2003 new liner in 2004 (Hurrincane Ivan) Pensacola Fl.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from FL

25.7 lbs not gallons sorry!
    IG 21,120 gal vinyl, Hayward sand filer w/ 1hp Marathon pump (new), Step jets, Kreepy Krawly Legend pool cleaner (new) w/ 1/2 hp booster pump, built in 2003 new liner in 2004 (Hurrincane Ivan) Pensacola Fl.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!

Sounds like they are hoping to make some money as CH is not required in a vinyl pool:
    pool-school/recommended_levels

Seems like you should order one of the Recommended Test Kits so that you are not relying on inaccurate and non-repeatable pool store testing.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks jblizzle! My test indicated that was at 115 ppm for CH! Well within the range for vinly. If I am posting in the wrong place please direct me how to create my own! You guys are great! I am going to purchase the kit that helps your site

5. Back To Top    #5

In any forum there is a blue button to the upper left to make a New Topic. Although we generally prefer for you to keep your related questions together.

FYI, you can get a discount on the TF-100 test kit by supporting the forum directly: click-here-to-become-a-troublefreepool-com-supporter-t183.html
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!