Any computer guru's here?

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
I am not the sharpest tack on the wall when it comes to computers, so i need some help. Any time I go to exit out of explorer I get the following message, "Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down" and then it has buttons that say "send error report" and "Dont send". This is getting VERY annoying, anyone know what the problem could be or how to fix it?

Poolidiot said:
I have Norton for security, now to show how dumb i am about computers, ummmmm how do i find what version i have? :roll:

To find your version of IE, click 'help', and then 'about IE'. That will open a box with your version.
Probably the same thing with your norton... you may even be able to click your norton icon in the system tray (bottom right, near the clock) and get the info. Or open your norton and click help, as above.

I use Firefox and McAfee, so I cannot tell you exactly what words will be there to click, but at least it is a place to start!!

In XP, you may be able to find something informative under "Start - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer". You may see pertinent messages under System, or Application, or maybe even Internet Explorer. It could point you to where to look.

As for that error REPORTING, thing, right-click on "My Computer" and select "Properties". On the "Advanced" tab, there is an option to Disable Error Reporting (check 'But notify me when critical errors occur") Then, again on the Advanced tab, click the "Settings" button under Startup and Recovery. Change the "Write debugging information" to '(none)'.
This will make those error recovery situations a little less painful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.