Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Owner - Success Story

1. Back To Top    #1

Western Ohio

New Pool Owner - Success Story

Hello! I am very new to this forum and also a new pool owner. We purchased and setup a new Intex Ultraframe 22x52 (~10,000 gallons) above ground pool. At first I didn't like the idea of a pool, but my wife talked me into it, hehe. After the pool came home, I immediately starting searching the internet for help and found this site. Thank goodness I found you guys! After a weekend of work over Memorial Day weekend leveling the site, setting pavers, and filling the pool we now have a wonderful new hangout spot in the back yard!! I just wanted to extend a huge thanks to all the contributing members here as all the posts have been very helpful in figuring out this pool.

We ended up filling about 9,000 gallons with "city" water trucked in with a family business milk truck, then filled the remaining 1,000 gallons with our well water. This worked fairly well, but our well water contains tons of iron. It hasn't been much of a problem as it has stayed suspended in the water and I have been filtering it out slowly, but surely. After the fill, I read, re-read, and re-read pool school and bought my self the TF100 test kit and started the BBB method. It has been a success so far and my pool is very clear! Here are some numbers:

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: New Pool Owner - Success Story

Welcome to TFP!!!

Nice job
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: New Pool Owner - Success Story

You get a gold star for that.

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!