Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommendation for Vinyl Pool Wall Brands?

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommendation for Vinyl Pool Wall Brands?

So my wife and I have been talking to every builder in town about our proposed vinyl pool and it seems like every one of them has a different wall brand and every one of them claims theirs is the best one. Here are some of the ones we've heard; Fox Pools, Fuzion 5010, Pinnacle Pools, Fort Wayne Pools, Radiant... I think that's all of the vinyl ones. Some things almost make sense to me, for example it looks like Fox Pools panels are painted which I could see reducing potential corrosion. I think Radiant pools is the one that's aluminum with an insulation layer? That's sounds like a somewhat filmsy claim to me but I guess it's possible. Anyway, anyone have any thoughts about Pool Wall Brands?
    18 x 36 Vinyl Inground, Coverstar Cover, 2 speed Pentair Pump, Hayward 425 Sq Ft Cartridge Filter, Hayward Heat Pump, Prologic PS8, T-15 Salt Cell, 2 Colorlogic LED lights, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vinyl Pool Wall Brands

I also don't know if I should even care about the brand, plenty of builders didn't even say what brand they built so maybe the whole thing is a moot point?
    18 x 36 Vinyl Inground, Coverstar Cover, 2 speed Pentair Pump, Hayward 425 Sq Ft Cartridge Filter, Hayward Heat Pump, Prologic PS8, T-15 Salt Cell, 2 Colorlogic LED lights, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Recommendation for Vinyl Pool Wall Brands?

Imperial is another.. And radiant is surprisingly sturdy

4. Back To Top    #4

Cardinal is one too and I think pocono has one

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Are you looking at steel or polymer. Polymer won't rust or rot like steel, it is structurally as strong or stronger than steel. Ft Wayne has a one time transferrable lifetime warranty on ploymer.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

6. Back To Top    #6

So of the laundry list of brands we've come up with is one better than another??

As for Polymer vs steel, I'm not sure if I'm a polymer fan or not. Granted steel rusts and salt water accelerates that but plastic could deteriorate in other ways, and to me that's a little bit "the devil you know vs the devil you don't know"

For example one of the manufacturers said they paint their steel walls. That actually makes a fair amount of sense to me as a corrosion prevention measure.

I guess the question is, besides just being a huge pain... is there any reason NOT to paint steel walls on my own if I didn't get prepainted?

7. Back To Top    #7

If you paint get a cold galvinize paint ... I'm pretty sure fox powder coats their walls

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

We have installed polymer for almost thirty years and have yet to see one rot or deteriorate. Alothough I have taken galvanized panels off the delivery truck and had rust on them.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

9. Back To Top    #9

I am in the same boat as you, to me I think they all will last my lifetime. I am going with the Builder I like the best, not overly concerned with what they install, more how they install it is my concern. With that said If I had my choice I am thinking I would go Polymer.
    24X44 IG Vinyl Custom Shaped Pool, Starite S7M400 Cartridge Filter, Starite Sumpermax VS Pump, built July 2015, TF-100 Test Kit, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWG, NG Starite SR400 Heater, Easytouch with Screen Logic, Magicstream Laminars, Bullfrog A7 Spa

10. Back To Top    #10

Fox has a nice product, very strong bracing system and well designed coping.
    Lagoon 40x22, Vinyl, 27,000 gal, 1HP WhisperFlo Pump, Pentair 60 gpm Sand filter, Hayward Brominator (used for chlorine pucks only when away), Rheem gas heater, Dolphin M4 Robot
    Waterfall on separate dedicated pump

11. Back To Top    #11

Now the followup question, do you think I can get Fox to sell me a wall kit directly, if I actually go insane and decide I need to DIY (or self contract) this thing??

12. Back To Top    #12

Did you contact fox on selling you a kit? I have just started looking around on buying a kit from Fort Myers Pools. I am not sure if they sell DIY kits either
    IG Vinyl, 20'x40' Sports Pool, Savannah Liner no border, 20' liner steps, 2 Venturi Renegade Skimmers, Hayward 1.5hp 2 speed pump, Aqua Rite 40k Salt system, Typhoon slide, Hayward Sand Filter, 22,519 gallons, TF-100 test kit

13. Back To Top    #13

i recently replaced a liner in a fifteen yr old galvanized steel wall pool.The panels suprisingly only showed a small amount if surface rust(at least on the side i could see) and were structurally sound.no prep work on the walls was necessary.
    16x32 vinyl ig with foxguard steel walls,gli liner ,hayward de filter,hayward heatpro heat pump,hayward colorlogic 4.0 led.pentair circular weir skimmers.hayward sharkvac xl robot,gli mesh cover.polk atrium speakers,sonos music system.erie pa.

14. Back To Top    #14

I haven't tried to get them to sell me one DIY yet because I haven't committed to doing DIY yet either. Still struggling with the decision to handle the general contracting myself.