We are just getting ready for our pool install. In the past I have noticed what appeared to be rust in the well water supplying our house water fixtures. Rust type stain in sinks and toilets. After searching the internet, I have found that this is actually a bacteria that feeds on the iron in the water. The bacteria is not harmful to humans and is present in a lot of wells in the south.
I am wondering if I need to do something extra when we fill the pool from the well or just let the FC that is in the pool take care of the bacteria.
Thanks in advance for any help.