Intex 22 x 52, want to install a surface skimmer

Jun 4, 2013
I looked at a few posts but the ones I found had deleted pics. I am wanting to install a surface skimmer was thinking of getting this http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP109...TF8&colid=11NMM317TQ9HO&coliid=I3ODTAK2IGO4JJ

I see that a lot of people have installed these but I bought a wanda the whale cleaner and want to be sure that the skimmer I buy will allow me to simply plug in the whale in and not need to remove anything.

As of now I have to unplug the house from the skimmer that came with the pool and tie it to the frame so it wont fall out of the pool but wanda is awesome!

Also I have a 2,650 gph sand filter running her and I dont know if that matters for what surface skimmer I buy.

Anyway I open to ideas, explanations and what not on this as I am somewhat worried about cutting the liner but after reading everyones post it seems like its ok as long as your careful. Thanks ahead of time for the help!

I have basically your same setup only my pool is 18 x 52 with the hydropools skimmer and the hayward critter pool cleaner and it works for me. I am having to backwash more often now just because I haven't figured out a good way to catch the finer stuff when vaccuuming the pool and the strainer has larger holes unlike the over the wall skimmer had the fine net to catch the fine particles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.