Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete tables, chairs, countertops???

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete tables, chairs, countertops???

Has anyone ever made your own outdoor concrete tables, chairs, countertops?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Concrete tables, chairs, countertops???

No one???

3. Back To Top    #3

I would like to and drew up plans for a mold for a fire pit. I haven't got anywhere yet with my other projects I have going ,but its on the agenda unless I decide to spend the $3500 / $5000 for one that is made. They will inset whatever material you want so when the top is polished it looks awesome. Here is a place near me that has cast concrete items, this is the $5000 pit. http://www.pottergreen.com/Water_Featur ... its.html#2
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

That thing is really nice. I would like to do a firepower if I'm good at it lol. My wife and I was looking at a coffee table in creat and barrel it was $800. After pricing material to build it I think I'd be under $150. Looks easy enough to do and with the gamble.

5. Back To Top    #5

There are a lot of fire pits that are more reasonably priced, I just have this one stuck in my head cause it looks so good and won't ever rust on my deck. I also have similar polished boulders so this look fits in well with those too.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Heater

i ve done a countertop
    17,000 gal inground
    vinyl
    swg
    3hp 8 returns
    heat siphon heat pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by mikeginder

i ve done a countertop
    Tips, tricks, difficulty, outcome?

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by mikeginder

i ve done a countertop
    Tips, tricks, difficulty, outcome?
    tips... watch alot of you tube videos, check out "cheng Concrete" tricks: Pour it upside down on smooth white 3/4, use that for you form sides too , make sure its wet enough to flow especially if you are inserting rocks or glass use a vibrator ( an orbital sander could work). you can special order sacrete counter top mixture at Home depot, bought a wet grinder to grind it smooth $300. difficulty: Not to bad, mine was pretty big and did it in 2 sections ( total 4 x 12) outcome was good
    17,000 gal inground
    vinyl
    swg
    3hp 8 returns
    heat siphon heat pump