Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new wetedge satin matrix plaster startup - chemical readings

1. Back To Top    #1

new wetedge satin matrix plaster startup - chemical readings

I am starting up a new plaster wetedge satin matrix. 12,500 gallon pool, chlorinator using Trichlor tabs, running filter 24/7. Could use some help from the experts. filled this last Saturday.

Day 3 readings

Cl 3.0
    TA 90
    Ph 7.8
    CYA 0
    CH 60

I suppose I need to add Hardness Up and wait a day and then add stabilizer for CYA. should I add a little acid to keep the PH down?

Any other suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new wetedge satin matrix plaster startup - chemical read

pool-school/pool_plaster_start-up

You need to get some CYA in the water to protect the FC from the sun ... pucks are too slow to initially get the CYA up (and generally not recommended for continuous use: pool-school/types_chlorine_pool)
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks jblizzle. I am going to try the BBB method once I get things going. My CYA with the old white plaster was fine with the pucks but I want to see if I can do BBB.

can I put in CYA with the hardness up? since my TA/Ph/Cl was OK the pool store said do the hardness up first to get to 180ppm then come in with CYA after a day.

question, some of the start ups said no chlorine for first 4 days for pebble type plaster. i did put some in on day 2 I hope I didn't cause an issue there. have you heard of any issues with that?

Thanks again.

4. Back To Top    #4

Personally, I do not know much about start-ups. But there are a lot of threads that discuss them.

You can add the CYA in a sock hanging in front of the return jet while you are adding hardness.

You will need to keep a close eye on the pH as it is going to want to rise quickly.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!