Growth possible while still passing OCLT?

Apr 30, 2013
Chicago IL
Subject stays it. I always get some dense very localized dark green growth in seams where stairs meet liner and around pool light another seam crevice. A quick brushing breaks it up and vanishes.

I assume this is due to low circulation/debris collection here. Anyway this is first year of BBB method and thought (hoped) I may not have the issue this year. Full disclosure I haven't been brushing and I probably should do it more regularly, but pool is crystal clear otherwise.

FC has been consistently around 8 or bit more with CYA level of about 50-60. FC consumption doesn't seem out of line and I pass the OCLT. Yet this stubborn stuff still seems to be able to grow.

Normal and have to live with it? Or start shocking?

Full disclosure I haven't been brushing and I probably should do it more regularly,
Bazinga :mrgreen:

It is almost impossible to keep chlorine perfectly distributed in a pool. Brushing gets the nasties up out of their nooks and crannies and exposes them to the more active areas of chlorine and they vanish.

I wouldn't shock but I would sure stir them up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.